In the 21st Century it’s important for businesses to be proactive and plan for the future, whilst embracing the latest tech and features. Of course, these are all designed to ensure business life becomes easier, whilst equipping you with all the tools needed to create a successful and thriving company.
A great example of software your business should be having a serious look at, is Microsoft Office 365.
What is Office 365?
Microsoft Office 365 is a subscription plan for businesses that’ll drastically improve work productivity and offers a range of excellent features for company purposes. Among the applications included in 365 are Cloud services, Skype and Exchange Online hosted email for businesses.
You’ll also benefit from all your favourite Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access – Downloaded to your desktop. Plus, you’ll be able to download these for multiple devices, such as your laptop, Android, iPad or iPhone. Free updates will ensure you always have the most up-to-date version too.
For these reasons it’s clear why Office 365 should become a staple part of your business. You probably won’t have to worry about upgrading your specs either and 365 is compatible with Office 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2016.
You’ll pay a subscription and dependent on your plan this could be monthly or annually.
What is Cloud?
So, we’ve mentioned the opportunity of utilising Cloud with Microsoft Office 365, but what exactly is this? Essentially, Cloud offers a cost-effective and practical way to manage company data, by storing everything offsite whilst being easily accessible.
There are a number of reasons to choose Cloud storage for your business and these would include:
- Aid data recovery: Should a disaster occur, how is your business setup to manage the recovery of valuable data? With a Cloud solution you’ll ensure the protection of this and can get your company back up and running quickly.
- Data protection: Data protection is integral, no matter your company. You’ll be relieved to hear therefore, that Cloud storage is extremely secure.
- Simple to use: Utilising Cloud isn’t difficult and in fact, you should find the whole thing pretty straightforward. Maintenance won’t be a concern either.
- Integrate it quickly: Want to make the most of Cloud? It won’t take weeks to integrate into your business and you’ll be up and running in no time.
- Scalable design: Cloud isn’t a one-size-fits-all option. Instead, it can be scalable with the size of your business and upped to store more data if required.
- Access Cloud from anywhere: If you have Internet connection you’ll be able to access your Cloud storage securely. Whether it’s by phone on the train or even abroad, you and your employees can access and edit documents and data with ease.
What are the benefits of Microsoft Office 365?
So, we’ve explained what Office 365 is and how the Cloud-based configuration can be beneficial to your business, but what about the overall benefits? There are seemingly countless, simply because 365 brings with it superb advantages that are fantastic for any company.
- Improve business productivity
Business productivity is vital in ensuring your company reaches its potential and Office 365 is designed to help in this very way. To consider whether Office will have a positive impact on 365, consider this; will it make your job easier? The answer is almost certain to be ‘yes’. 365 improves work productivity by helping you better focus on the task at hand and providing tech and features that’ll be useful in everyday business life.
- Access your business work from any location
This is a clear benefit to not just Office 365, but the whole Cloud computing environment. Not only can Office be installed on most of your home gadgets (desktop, laptop, phone and iPad), but you’ll be able to keep up with company work whether you’re commuting, out of office or even abroad. Office 365 software is running in a Microsoft data centre, so when you’re connected to the Internet, you’ll have the capability to access your work.
- Share company documents with ease
Continually emailing different variations of the same document can be time consuming and confusing. Step up Office 365 and the ability to edit documents and save on your Cloud-based server – whereby other employees will have the chance to instantly view the changes in real time. What’s more, security won’t be compromised as permissions can easily be set. For instance, the whole company may be able to view a particular document, but only half with the permission to make edits.
- Enjoy your favourite Microsoft features
People love what they know and Office 365 builds on this. Microsoft has got it very wrong in the past (think Windows Vista), but fortunately the 365 package delivers. You’ll have access to all the tried and tested features Microsoft is synonymous with and a Cloud facelift for all.
- Benefit from reliability and high security
Putting the trust in another company can be difficult, but with Microsoft there isn’t the fear factor. Instead, you can hand over the reins to your data and document sharing – freeing up the IT team and having access to a first-class support service. Taking advantage of Microsoft’s offering almost guarantees superb reliability and security.
- Enjoy IT control
Your IT team will want to know exactly what’s going on at any one time. For that reason, data disasters are typically because of user errors and Microsoft has created an environment whereby there’s an excellent level of control for administrators.
With all this said, it’s clear that Microsoft Office 365 would be an excellent addition to your business. It brings with it a range of top notch benefits that’ll aid your company and give you every reason to sign-up to a subscription.